[vortex] eth1: 3Com Vortex at 0x6000, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, IRQ 3 :(

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj.lisa@t-online.de
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:01:08 +0100

jon707@kollegiegaarden.dk wrote:

> i have a EISA 3c597-TX that doesnt work. I suspect it is because it gets
> the MAC address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff.

Oh, well, you're experiencing an eisa config problem. I nailed
my last eisa board on the wall. Can't tell you, how to get your
eisa setup right under linux. I remember those huge, ugly and
cryptic dos configurators. I would suspect, that /etc/conf.modules
is your friend.

Good luck
hp