[vortex] 3c905b stuck in 10Mbit mode

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 4 09:07:02 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Brian J. Densmore wrote:

> I used the proper settings. I read all the documentation.
> with the alias eth0 3c90x I only options 3c90x and valid options for
> that driver

Fine.

> Tried that option 4 had no effect, mii-diag -A 100baseTx killed the
> card and it stopped talking to the switch, had to come in to the coloc
> and reboot.

It's not clear to me: did you or did you not set the card's EEPROM to
autonegotiate for media. If you did, please send the driver start-up
messages and outputs from vortex-diag and mii-diag for the situation with
no options.

> I think you're right it is a board configuration. I will swap it out
> with another board I have at home that seems to be working ok.

Before swapping, it might be better if you check the EEPROM settings of
the new card.