[vortex] Strange issues with 3COM cards on Linux - DHCP oddities.

Raymond Lillard rlillard@prosysmeg.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:42:16 -0700

Shawn,

A related possibility is that the switch might be mishandling
the auto-negotiation when connected directly to the 3com
card.  Although we don't use DHCP here, we have experienced
communication problems due to auto-negotation failures when
connected directly to a Catalyst 2980G that dissapeared when
connected through a D-Link 8-port switch (DSS-8+).

Cisco has an app-note on this.  If Joe's advice below doesn't
help look at the negotiated media and duplex settings with
vortex-daig.

Best
Ray