[vortex] incorrect interrupt assignment?

ruben@nutz.nl ruben@nutz.nl
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 23:22:45 +0200

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 01:00:03PM -0700, David Rosenthal wrote:

> I am seeing a problem with  3c900 and 3c905 cards in some recent
> motherboards and am hoping someone can give me a clue as to what
> is happening.
[..]
> Repeatably on recent motherboards the driver seems to believe that
> the card has been assigned an interrupt other than the one it
> works with under Windows on the same machine.

Guess: You have 'PNP controlled by:' set to OS, and not BIOS. The way PNP
assigns interrupts is different from the way other OS'es do this. Another OS
might think that sound or video-performance is more important on a server :)

Do the cards work? The two multiboot machines I have both do the same, and I
have yet to find any ill effects.

--
Ruben

A child can go only so far in life without potty training.  It is not
mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty
trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.
                -- Dave Barry