[vortex] Unresolved Symbol

Fred Maciel fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:05:22 +0900

Hi there,

> have you compiled and inserted pci-scan as well?
>
> Sven

*** Sven: This version number means that Martjin is using the driver
in my page (i.e., the driver in the linux kernel, distributed
separately by me for those who don't want to re-compile the whole
kernel). It's not Donald's driver, so he won't need pci-scan. See:
http://www2.neweb.ne.jp/wd/fbm/3c556/

> I have a IBM A21m.
>
> When I compile 3c59x-2.2.19 driver everithing is fine no erro's.
> But when i use the insmode command I get the error Unresolved
Symbole
> and the driver won't work.

*** Martjin: first of all, make jure that you read *all* the
instructions *carefully*. (You certainly did not read the sentence
that says "If you are having problems installing the driver, please
e-mail *me*", not the Vortex mailing list... :-). Compiling a module
is tricky.

If it still does not work, please send me more information. What is
the Linux distribution that you are using? What is the kernel? What
did you do (i.e., which commands did you use?). Which error messages
did you get? Etc...

Regards,

Fred Maciel.