[vortex] Mini PCI card question

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:39:28 -0400 (EDT)

On 26 Sep 2000, Roger Williams wrote:

>   >> My vortex-diag -ee doesn't like that it can't find an adapter in
>   >> /proc/pci. Mine is the 6056, not the 6055, from what I can gather. while
>   > Edit vortex-diag.c, change '0x6055' to '0x6056', I guess.
>   > I have a bad feeling that it'll just return 0xffff's though.
>
> Not really, but still somewhat bogus:

I've updated vortex-diag.c with a better algorithm for figuring out where
the software information fields are.  If this works for all cards we will
update the drivers with the new technique.

   http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html

Here is the CVS log for the new version:
________________
vortex-diag.c:v2.03 9/26/2000

Modified the detection table so that a matching string for /proc/pci is
optional.  The required swapping fields and editing every table entry.

Added a table entry for the 3c566 Laptop Tornado.

Added a URL to the IRQ0 message.

Check for an EEPROM software information offset of 0x30 by looking for
0x6d50 at offset 0x37, rather than trying to recognize all vendor IDs.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403