[vortex] Mini PCI card question

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:53:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, paul beard wrote:

> Subject: [vortex] Mini PCI card question
>
> I've only been on the list a few days, but it sounds like there may be a
> driver for the Ethernet module that ships with the IBM ThinkPad A20s.
> Experimental or not, I'm willing to try it. it's just not clear to me at
> least that there is something close to fully-baked.

Yes, the recent drivers support this card.

The open issue is the different EEPROM sizes and formats that the otherwise
identical cards are using.

We can solve this more quickly if people would report the output of
  vortex-diag -ee
from
  http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
for each of the card types.

We actually bought a few of the new IBM laptops, direct from IBM, but for
some reason they were not ordered with the Ethernet :-<.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403