[vortex] 3c556b patch(es)

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:28:05 +1100

Jonathan Vafai wrote:

> I saw the two patches posted recently to the mailing list - what are
> they patches against? Where can I find this? kernel 2.4.0-test8 or a
> development version of  the vortex drivers from scyld?  I'd like to try
> the patch out,  but both seem to be against a newer version of the 3c59x.c
> file.

Yes, there are too many versions of this driver.  Oh well.  At least a
lot of people understand it.

I put Louis' 3c556B support into the driver at
http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/#3c59x-2.3 - this is a 2.4 driver.
It would be great if you could test this - one person (Florian) says it
doesn't work.

I haven't done a 2.2 patch yet.  Fred Maciel has done some merging from
Donald's latest into the 2.2.17 driver and I was planning on picking
that up for 2.2.18-pre.  But if you let me know which is your preferred
driver I can make a patch for that.