[vortex] Re: T20 3com mini-PCI combo (was: Re: [LTP] T20 - First Impression...)

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 15:24:21 +1100

jlemay@njmc.com wrote:

> > Yep - Product id 0x6056 for the Ethernet part - In the 3c55x driver
> > its called 556B but it doesnt work ...
> >
> > Flo
>
> Flo,
>
> Just found this on Google. Looks like it may help since it specifically
> mentions the 3c556 mini-PCI adapter.
>
> http://www2.neweb.ne.jp/wd/fbm/3c556/
>
> lin-net'ers,
>
> This may be a fix to my previously posted message. Anyone know any more
> about this "fix"? Might it be integrated at some point? (I *really* don't
> want to create more traffic on lin-kernel unless I have to, so I'm asking
> here.)

Hi, j.

The best place to track this is on the vortex@scyld.com list.  Archives
at http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/vortex/2000-September/thread.html

The patch which Louis put up there a few days back (against Donald's
driver) works for him, but not for Florian.

At present there are emails flying in all directions. Florian, I'm going
to forward your diagnosis to the vortex list, see if we can settle it
there.