[vortex] still no love from mini PCI

Fred Maciel fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 08:58:59 +0900

Hi Everybody,

> RedHat 7:
>
> Add -I/usr/src/linux/include into the gcc line.

Sorry, but I tested that and it does not work on Red Hat 7. I just wrote
about it in a previous posting:
http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/vortex/2000-October/000678.html

If you want to build a module for Red Hat 7 (without modifying the module's
code), I think that the only alternatives for now are to:
- Re-compile the kernel using the Red Hat sources, substituting the source
file that you have for the original drivers/net/3c59x.c.
- Use a pristine kernel (i.e., a kernel without patches as, say, downloaded
from ftp.kernel.org): with a pristine kernel you should be able to build a
module the "usual" way (e.g., see the instructions in
http://www2.neweb.ne.jp/wd/fbm/3c556/README ).

(BTW, I didn't test these two, but I'd love to hear about the results :-)...

Hope that helps,

                         Fred Maciel
                         E-mail  fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp

Disclaimer:
I don't speak for Hitachi,
I don't know who speaks for Hitachi,
I don't want to know who speaks for Hitachi.