[vortex] Richard's 3c905CX

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:58:27 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Andrew Morton wrote:

> It is essentially identical to Berkan's, yet Richard's driver
> is finding the transceiver quiet happily.

It doesn't look to me like finding the transceiver:

> > vortex-diag -mm -v
>  MII PHY found at address 1, status 0020.
>  MII PHY found at address 2, status 0020.
>  MII PHY found at address 3, status 0020.
>  MII PHY found at address 4, status 0020.
>
> Here are Richard's boot messages:
>   MII transceiver found at address 1, status   24.
>   MII transceiver found at address 2, status   24.
> eth0: MII #1 status 0024, link partner capability 45e1, setting full-duplex.

These are exactly like Berkan's. Also the product ID reported by
vortex-diag seems to be the same, although the manufacturing date is
8 days apart, so there might be a big lot coming...

I'm waiting for Don's reply, but IMHO the scheme with split XCVR_NWAY and
XCVR_MII detection is the only way to do it right.

Sincerely,