April 22 Driver RuleZ

Matt Benjamin matt@the-linux-box.com
Fri May 12 10:35:51 2000

Yes, on one of our three machines, we were seeing _glacially slow_
transfer rates for some protocols, incl. ftp.  Speedup was 1000%.

Note that one of the _other_ boomerang setups has the quiescing nic
problem.  We haven't updated that one to the new driver, as we didn't see
any sign the problem had yet been addressed.  When we can take it offline,
though, we'll probably update just to improve throughput.  (Although
_that_ machine didn't show noticable throughput problems.)

Matt