3c575 bug w/ full duplex mode

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Mon May 1 08:03:15 2000

Christoph Moar wrote:

> At 15:12 29.04.00 +1000, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >I'm not sure how these numbers actually get into the MII though.  The
> >driver doesn't create them - they're already there, and I can't see any
> >indication that they're copied from EEPROM.  hmmm..
> >
> >What does 'vortex-diag -eeaa' say for each card?
>
> Thanks for your help, Andrew. Here the results of vortex-diag

Those EEPROM contents appear to be garbled.

Newer versions of Don's tools are at ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/diag/

But even with the latest version of vortex-diag (and having added the
3CCFE575CT PCI ID of 0x10B7/0x5257), I still don't believe the output of
vortex-diag -ee.  It looks wrong.

And I'm afraid I'll be spending the next week in airplanes :(.  I'll
take a fresh look next week.

--
-akpm-