Re[defense]: Netgear GA620 Gigabit Ethernet Card Available $249 (SC Fiber)

John Keimel john@mint.net
Fri Mar 24 08:33:44 2000

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 07:35:59PM -0800, devdrvr wrote:
> $235 wholesale would mean $249 ain't a bad price Donald.  I must be missing
> your point.  If you are writing drivers for money you should know you get

The point is that these lists are for the sharing of information
regarding drivers for cards, not for the sale of cards. Your original
post was something to the effect of 'great price on this card that I
have written drivers for - go see my auction'. It was an ad. You were
trying to make money by promoting a sale/auction/etc on this list.

I would hate to try and put words in Donalds mouth, but I'm pretty sure
his point, very succinctly put was 'ads are not wanted on this list' .

The fact that you mentioned you wrote the drivers and know that drivers
exist for the card does not matter, that was a selling point only. 'it
works under linux' is a selling point, whether it comes from you or
anyone else. If Mr. Popeil tells you that he invented the pocket
fisherman and then tries to sell you one, it's still a sales pitch.

I was very reluctant to follow up on this thread, but it's obvious from
your response to Donald that you don't get it. So I'll place it very
clearly for you

ADS ARE NOT WELCOME ON THIS LIST

My apologies to those who've already had enough of this and the fact
that I'm letting the thread live. I hope it does quickly.

John

--
John Keimel
john@mint.net

(my opinions are my own and not necessarily those of the peopel I work
for)