[vortex] Wake On Lan under Linux]

douglas irvine dci@pitt.edu
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:18:48 -0400

--------------E2018DC72B20BCC5943CA6D6

I'm a newbie to these lists, and can't seem to find any definite info on

WOL under linux.

1) Is this feature available under Linux (RedHat 6.2 is what we are
running)?
2) If so, what cards support this? ( I have seen preliminary indications

from last year's mailing list for vortex)
3) What software is required for setting the WOL modes/ or power states
?(I have read conflicting things about hard/soft powerdowns, the default

states the linux creates via the "shutdown -h " command, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Doug Irvine

--------------E2018DC72B20BCC5943CA6D6