[vortex] pci-scan.h,kern_compat.h, etc.

Igor Faktorovich igor@axiomsl.com
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:37:47 -0400

I had the same problem compiling 3c59x as a module.  After I followed
the advice and copied .h files from ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/,
I got the following trying to install the driver:

3c59x.o: unresolved symbol acpi_wake
3c59x.o: unresolved symbol acpi_set_pwr_state
3c59x.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
3c59x.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

What else is missing? Anybody can help?  Thanks!

> It seems that the drivers to this site all use this new pci-scan.c
> source.  You can get the *.h files from:

>    ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/.

> I guess that you can simply put them into the net directory and remake
> the kernel image.  I have always compiles the net drivers as modules so
> I just used the supplied makefile that comes with all of this.

> --- Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.edu> wrote:
> >       After dropping the 0.99Q version of 3c59x.c into drivers/net in
> > a 2.2.15 tree on a Debian 2.1 box, the kernel fails to build.  Some
> > include files seem to be missing:
> >
> > 3c59x.c:110: pci-scan.h: No such file or directory
> > 3c59x.c:111: kern_compat.h: No such file or directory

Igor Faktorovich