[vortex] Re: 3c59x.c update

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev@metabyte.com
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 00:56:26 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Andrew Morton <andrewm@uow.edu.au>
> Subject: Re: 3c59x.c update

> Andrew Morton wrote:
> > An request for interested parties to try out a small update
> > to the 2.2.x kernel's 3c59x.c driver.
>
> http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/3c59x.c-2.2.16-pre4-6.gz
>
> Fixed a subtle but dopey problem with parentheses.
>
> Any word on sparc64 testing?

sparc64 is the domain of P Jones, but I did test your code on sparc
and it works perfectly. I cannot run 2.2.x so I made a diff, edited it,
rerun patch(1) so that relevant parts were introduced into my driver
on 2.3.18.

I would appreciate if you add this change to the 2.4.x tree.

If you suggest that it is adviseable, I would defend the demise of
bitfields before the face of Donald for the inclusion into his tree.

Yours truly,
--Pete