Problem with 3c905 and Mandrake 6.1

al goldstein al@sense-gold-134.oz.net
Mon Feb 14 16:10:24 2000

Hi Mathew,

I recently installed 6.1 on several machines. One of them had the problem you
described. It had  905 and 509 cards. Both ether interfaces came up fine
but no packets were being exported by the cards. Since I wanted to update
the kernel anyway I moved to 2.3.21 and dumped the ether modules. I had to
add an append line for the 509 card for it to be picked up. Voila the
cards worked OK.