Problem with 3c905 and Mandrake 6.1

Jason Zwolak jzwolak@vt.edu
Mon Feb 14 07:06:37 2000

Matthew Hill wrote:

> Thanks for the leads. I'll check out the different kernel. I'm currently
> using the kernel that came on the mandrake 6.1 iso image ( 2.2.13).
>
> a cat of /proc/interrupts showed that the NIC was the only device using IRQ
> 10.
>
> I installed the pciutils rpm. An lspci reported the following
> 00:0d.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905 100BaseT4
>  Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 10
>  I/O ports at ec00
>  Expansion ROM at ea000000 [disabled] [size=0]

Get the programs listed below and make sure your media type to make sure
it matches your network and your network card.  You probably want your
media type to be something like: 100baseTx, 100baseTx-FDX, 100baseT4, or
something.

Go here: http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/diag/
to get mii-diag.c, libmii.c, and vortex-diag.  You can use those to
force different media types for you network card.

This site: http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/
should have all the information you need.
--
May the Source be with you,
Jason Zwolak