[vortex] getting off the list

Ryan Butler rbutler@voyager.iavalley.cc.ia.us
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:24:25 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Roger wrote:

> Is it really that simple, Mr. Butler?
>
> Tell me, what is my password?  And before you give me another simple, easy
> wrong answer, please recall that I NEVER SUBSCRIBED TO THE LIST AND DON'T
> HAVE A PASSWORD!

Yes, it really is that simple.  You go to the page, enter your email
address or the email address in the To: field of the mail if it is being
relayed to you through an alias, and click send me my password.  It will
then send you the password.  If your address is not found and the password
not emailed to you, then you aren't subscribed and someone is aliasing it
to you, in which case it isn't Mr. Becker's fault.

It comes down plain and simple to:

If your address is subscribed (either by you or by someone else in some
manner)  then you can easily unsubscribe and easily retrieve your password
to unsubscribe.  If your address shows up as not subscribed when you enter
it to send you the password, then someone has subscribed an address that
has been aliased to your address, which is out of Mr. Becker's control.