[vortex] Driver development for the 3CR990-TX-97

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:51:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Lore M. Levitt wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is any work being done on a Linux driver
> for 3COM's 3CR990-TX-97 NIC?

AFAIK, there is none. This NIC was recently released and is not
wide-spread (for example, I cannot order it here in Germany from normal
resellers). There is also no documentation about it, so we cannot do
anything.
Furthermore, the NIC was designed "in cooperation with Microsoft" and
"optimized for Windows 2000"; I don't know what exactly these terms mean,
but it might mean that it will not integrate nicely in the Linux kernel
architecture (or it will function like a "normal" card, without the
special facilities).
Maybe 3Com has plans to release their own driver...

Sincerely,