Linux driver

Joseph S D Yao jsdy@cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jul 7 13:10:19 1999

> I am getting error in installing 'GCC'. Error is
> '"gcc: no
>  cc : no
>  Error : no acceptable cc found in $PATH " when I try to ./configure in GCC
> directory.
>
> Is there any other option to use make command for IPchain/ fwtk installation
> ???

You must understand the difference between a SOURCE [human-readable]
distribution of a package, and a BINARY [already-compiled] distribution
of the same package.

To install a SOURCE package, as you are trying to do, you must have the
compiler or interpreter that makes this package usable on the system.
Since what you are trying to install IS the compiler, this just won't
work.

If you take the medium from which you originally installed Linux, which
I assume was a CD ROM, you will be able to find the ALREADY COMPILED
[binary] version of the compiler package there.

Install that.

Then you will be able to compile ANYTHING.

But, before you compile anything, you might want to do something like
learning a little bit about how computers, compilers, etc. work.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy@cospo.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B