Performance problems 3C905

Salvatore Toribio j.toribio@usc.urbe.it
Mon Feb 22 03:09:12 1999

>Have you tried replacing the network cables? It sounds like you may have a
>bad one there somewhere.

Yes, I had tested the computer with others network cables, but nothing changed.

>What type of network (and how congested is it)?

The computer is directly connected to a NetGear Switch SW518 at one of the
two 10/100Tx ports. In the other port I have a WindowsNT box with the
"same" ethernet card (3C905) that works very well. There are 9 hubs
(Netgear, Allied Telesyn) connected to the others 10Mbs ports of the switch.
The network isn't congested and I have test the Linux box even on sunday...
And the network seems to work well for all the other machines (Mac and Win).

Thanks, Salvatore