need help with configuring ethernet cards

Paul Tod Rieger prie@abl.com
Sat Apr 17 19:20:58 1999

I wrote about my problems setting up a second interface with a 3Com
3c900-combo:

My thanks to Jon Marler <jmarler@istrength.net> for pointing out:

> That is a firewall rules error.  If you get the ipfwadm package (kernel
> 2.0.36 or older) or the ipchains package (2.2.1 and newer kernels) you can
> fix this.
>
> The even easier way to fix that problem, is to get the ipmasq package.
> Once you get that, just type "ipmasq" and it will setup the rules for you.

I wanted to eventually run ipmasq, so I insmod'd the second NIC's driver
(3c59x), ifconfig'd & route'd eth1, insmod'd the ipmasq modules, and
typed "ipmasq".

And I can now fully access my other machines.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Tod