The 3C905B-TX

Randy Drago rdrago@edac.com
Tue Apr 13 10:22:25 1999

I had similar trouble with 3C905B-TX.  I even tried setting the IO address
and interrupt in /etc/modules.conf   Upon initial boot of redhat (also happens
w/ slackware) I see tons and tons of interrupts, then a message saying "too
much work - interrupt disabled" and the led on my hub never lights.......

I wound up getting NetGear FA-310 10/100 cards (they use the tulip driver
and cost around $30).  These worked with no problem at all.

I now use the 3C905B-TX in windows only machines.  I am staying on this
list in the hopes that someday I see the "magic" configuratiion for 3C905.

I am not complaining, it is clear to me that Donald Becker has done amazing
work for this linux community.  I'd rather thank him than complain......

Randy Drago