redhat and my ethernet 3c905b card

Leos Bitto leos.bitto@netbeans.com
Fri Sep 4 17:30:28 1998

------ =_NextPart_001_01BDD853.8CD53CA0

Hi,
=A0
I had exactly the same problem and I solved it by using new boot
floppies,
downloaded from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat-5.1/updates/images/...
=A0
=A0
Leos

Ronny Iversen wrote:=20

Hi everyone, Im not 100% sure how this works, but after hours of=20
frustration I decided to give this a shot.=20
I have a ethernet 3c905b card, and have just installed redhat linux =
5.1.

After the auto probing during installation=20
redhat said it found a Vortex card 3c9x or something, but I have a
3c905b=20
and it seems that it is not compatible with=20
whatever redhat found. I tried redhat support, but they were not =
helpful
at=20
all, after asking them the same question 3=20
times I got 3 different answers, none of which could help me.=20

So if someone can tell me axactly step by step how to get my ethernet
card=20
working, Id be very happy.=20
Also please explain how I can find the i/o and irc or dma numbers for =
my

cards. I also have an 3com 3c509=20
card installed, if this should prove to be easier to install please =
tell
me=20
how to :)=20

Ive tried man modprobe which was what redhat said I should do, but I=20
couldnt figure out how the command worked nor how to=20
find the i/o, irc and dma stuff that I needed..=20

Some one pleaseeeeee help me...Im going loco=20

Ronny Iversen

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0

Ronny Iversen wrote:

Hi everyone, Im not 100% sure how this works, but after hours of
frustration I decided to give this a shot.
I have a ethernet 3c905b card, and have just installed redhat linux 5.1.
After the auto probing during installation
redhat said it found a Vortex card 3c9x or something, but I have a 3c905b
and it seems that it is not compatible with
whatever redhat found. I tried redhat support, but they were not helpful at
all, after asking them the same question 3
times I got 3 different answers, none of which could help me.

So if someone can tell me axactly step by step how to get my ethernet card
working, Id be very happy.
Also please explain how I can find the i/o and irc or dma numbers for my
cards. I also have an 3com 3c509
card installed, if this should prove to be easier to install please tell me
how to :)