3c905B and Gateway E-3200

Dan Bethe dtm@dtm.hosting.netcom.com
Tue Oct 27 15:50:28 1998

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Josh Kuperman wrote:

> eventually started working after I found a newer driver.) Has anyone got
> a Gateway E-3200 with a 3c905B to work so that it will get it's IP through
> DHCP. And if so can you point me in the right direction.

	Here are a few generic tips.  Upgrade to at least the latest
stable 3c59x.c driver, which is 0.99E.  There is an experimental one named
0.99G.  Both are at the regular site http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html
	You might want to upgrade the rest of your kernel too.
	And try a packet sniffer like 'tcpdump' just to see what is really
happening.  Good luck!