3c905B and Gateway E-3200

Josh Kuperman sar_kuper@sals.edu
Mon Oct 26 19:18:25 1998

I maintain a computer network for a public library. We recently bought some
Gateway E-3200 machines which apparently have a 3c905B. I installed RedHat
2.0.34 and everything worked out of the box except for the networking. I need
the machine to get it's IP from DHCP but instead it just comes back with a
message that it failed. (I had a similar experience with a Tulip card which
eventually started working after I found a newer driver.) Has anyone got
a Gateway E-3200 with a 3c905B to work so that it will get it's IP through
DHCP. And if so can you point me in the right direction.

--
Josh Kuperman        Saratoga Springs Public Library
sar_kuper@sals.edu   49 Henry St