3C905B-Tx problem in a Token ring-ethernet enviroment.

Rodolfo Delgado B. r.delgado@ieee.org
Fri Nov 6 09:06:53 1998

I have installed a 3C905B-Tx in a linux box in a token ring- ehernet
enviroment.
The card works fine but regrettably  it only sees the machines on the
ethernet side of the net it cannot ping the machines on the token ring
side.
When I ping to the broadcast addresses the machine receives the answers
of all the machines of the net.  The card works fine on W95.
I suspect that the problem is on the big endian- little endian  problem
but I dont know how to fix it.
Below is the network diagram of the network

                                                    Cabletron Switch
                     Etherneth Side
9000                 Token Ring Side
            ------------------            ------------
-----------------------
           |                                        |    |       |     |

                     _                             |    |       |     |
                 IBM PC 300GL         |    |       |     |

Thanks in advance for any information and/or sugestion you could send
me.

    Rodolfo Delgado

--
IMail Server for Windows NT. Evaluation version.
Copyright (c) 1995-98 Ipswitch, Inc. http://www.ipswitch.com/