[tulip] RE: tulip Digest, Vol 11, Issue 2

John Lumby johnlumby at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:32:35 PDT 2007

Robert G. Brown wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, tulip-request at scyld.com wrote:
>
> > I wanted to be able to run linux on my wife's old Gateway Profile 2 with
> > integrated Intel 21145, using the ethernet port.
>>
>>  I tinkered with the Becker V0.91 version of tulip a little and got it
>>working with
> > 10BaseT media.    This is in a linux 2.2.20 kernel (for a
>linux-on-a-1.44-floppy).
>>  I shall be fitting the equivalent changes to the
> > current 1.1.14 tulip for e.g. linux 2.6.20 and later at some point.
>
>Hey, sounds like fun.  Sort of.  Hey, I still have a really really old
>digital chip card somewhere...

Well, sort of is right.    It took a few iterations ...
If yours is actually an Intel 21145, and you (or anyone else) want to try my
changes, I can send them in an attachment.     I've applied them to 1.1.14
and built a 2.6.20 kernel with them but haven't yet got around to running
that kernel on the Gateway machine.