[tulip] D-Link DFE-580TX 32-bit PCI 4-port 10/100 Mbps Ethernet adapter

Martin Josefsson gandalf at wlug.westbo.se
Sun May 22 08:12:05 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 12:13 +0200, Robert Becskei wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi

>  I would like to ask if D-Link DFE-580TX 32-bit PCI 4-port 10/100 Mbps
> Ethernet adapter is supported by tulip driver?
>  (so that it would work without any problems with RHEL 3.x or 4.x)

DFE-570TX is tulip but DFE-580TX is handled by the sundance driver.
I've had mixed success with DFE-580TX and the sundance driver, sometimes
it has been working great and sometimes it hasn't worked well at all. It
could be because of driver bugs (It some time ago, the driver might have
been fixed by now, if that was the case) or maybe the diffrent cards I
used had diffrent revisions of the chips.

Anyway, it's the sundance driver for those cards and that driver has
been part of the kernel a long time so RHEL should have support for it.

--
/Martin