[tulip] "System Error occured (0)" messages after kernel upgrade

Jordan Bettis jordanb@hafd.org
Sat Sep 14 23:51:01 2002

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 08:58:41PM -0600, Julio Garcia wrote:
> Hello Jordan,
>
> I saw that you were having this problem with your system. I am having a
> similar problem after installing a LinSys 10/100 card on my old HP Vectra
> running Mandrake 8.1. Did you ever find out what was wrong?

I think the problem is that the driver in the linux kernel is broken. I
recompiled to use modules and downloaded the module from scyld.com, and
it fixed it. I think I remember Don Becker saying something to the
effect that he won't support the module distributed by Linus, which may
be why he hasn't weighed in on this.

I hope that helps.

> Sorry to bother you with this.

No problem.

Actually, I hope you don't mind, but I am going to cross post this to
tulip-ml. You're not the first person to email me about this, so I think
it's something that should be in the archives.

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb>
Another lesson we should have learned from the recent past is that the