[tulip] Problems with full-speed routing on a tulip quad inte rface

Narayanaswamy, Naga (Naga) nn4@lucent.com
Mon Nov 4 16:21:03 2002

What is the packet size that you are trying? Is it 64 byte packets?

I don't know if one should be able to get full throughput
via a software stack, but I am also interested in knowing answers.

Is there any fast forwarding cache in Linux without using full IP stack?
I am skeptical about achieving max throughput of 100 M full duplex,
also doing IP routing in software. Of course, one would need a
custom board with a network processor to do a fast forwarding in hardware.