[tulip] Problems with full-speed routing on a tulip quad interface

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Mon Nov 4 16:16:01 2002

Luke Stratman wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I'm in the process of configuring several linux boxes to act as high
> performance routers in a network testbed environment; the hardware specs
> for each of them are as follows:

I have been able to __generate__ 90Mbps+ on 4 ports simultaneously,
and receive that much on another machine, but even using NAPI and
various other tunings, I cannot run 4 ports full-duplex (ie 90Mbps send
+ 90Mbps receive at the same time).

I have not found a chipset that can handle it.

If you can get 70Mbps send + receive on 4 ports, you are doing quite well.

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>