[tulip] Tulip Problem with 2 Linksys TX100 NIC's

hanasaki hanasaki@hanaden.com
Fri Mar 8 18:19:00 2002

It seems to find both NIC's and bring up internal AND external fine.
The problem is only when the external nic is brought down and then up.
I can leave the external nic up and up/down the internal all day long.
I even swapped nics and had the same outcome w/ the new internal/external.

What did they do to your driver?  Tulip should be Tulip :)

Donald Becker wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, hanasaki wrote:
>

>>The tulip version is the one that comes with Kernel 2.4.17
>> From tulip_core.c
>>#define DRV_VERSION     "0.9.15-pre9"
>

> Yup, that's significantly modified from what I release.
>

>>The tulip driver is able to get a ip from the Cable Modem service
>>(RoadRunner) if
>>	- ifdown externalNIC AND internalNIC
>>	- rmmod tulip
>>	- ifup externalNIC
>>Failure:
>>-----------
>>ifdown externalnic
>>ifup externalnic
>

> This hints that the driver you are running only works the first time
> that it brought up.  Try the driver from
>    http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
>    http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html
>
> Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
> Scyld Computing Corporation		http://www.scyld.com
> 410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Second Generation Beowulf Clusters
> Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993

= hanasaki@hanaden.com                                          =
=     Spam : Unhealthy and High in Sodium and Cholesterol       =