[tulip] Compaq Presario laptop and tulip PCMCIA card

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Mar 8 11:26:00 2002

On 8 Mar 2002, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
> Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> writes:
> > On 7 Mar 2002, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
> > This explains part of the problem: This is a new device ID.
> >
> > Try adding the following new table entry to tulip.c.
> >
> > +	{ "ADMtek Centaur-C (Linksys)", { 0xab0813d1, 0xffffffff },
> > +	  TULIP_IOTYPE, TULIP_SIZE1, COMET },

> Hoo-doggies, that did it.  Thanks much.

Great.

> > I've put this in v0.93b which will appear at
> >     ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/test/tulip.c
> > if you report that it works.

Just moved it over..

Very important: what is the detection message?  I want to confirm that
the new device ID is really a Centaur chip.

Better, get and run the new tulip-diag.c that I put out... a few
seconds ago.  Here is the change log:

________________
tulip-diag.c:v2.10 3/08/2002

Added table entries for 0x13d1 0xab08 and 0x13d1 0xab**, OEM CardBus
cards apparently based on the ADMtek Centaur.

tulip-diag.c:v2.09c 2/20/2002

Corrected Davicom/Conexant swap in the EEPROM printing conditional.

Changed the parse_eeprom() routine to
  Show the correct names of the new type 5 (Device Reset) and
     6 (PHY shutdown) blocks
  Show the power states when a type 6 block is used
  Use the type 5 EEPROM transceiver reset sequence when opt_reset is set.
________________

> Should I care that eth0, i82365 and my sound card all show up on IRQ
> 9?

Not as long as they work ;-).
There is no hardware reason sharing the IRQ shouldn't work as long as
the sound card is PCI connected.

> Jesse Hughes
> "ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A PARADIGM SHIFT AND CHANGE THE QUALITY
> OF YOUR LIFE FOREVER?"  --from a spam I was not yet ready to
> 	                  receive.

Don't you wish they had valid return addresses so that the spammers
would have to sort through millions of "no" answers?