[tulip] Trouble's trouble shooting internet connection issue -please help ASAP

David Kramer krmdv@netscape.net
Thu Jun 27 18:42:01 2002

I've just installed RedHat 7.2 on a new PC, I have been running Redhat since 5.2 to 7.1 on my old box without any connection problems.  I installed 7.2, used the eth0 configuration UI upon install to set my IP info correctly.  I've made sure my eth0 services are up and running, using ifup eth0, everything seems fine.  I validated the correct IP info via linuxconf, even re-entered my changes via netcfg and checked linuxconf again, everything still seems fine, but still no net connection.  The only real difference that I can see is that Im using Mozzilla vs. Communicator.  Can someone please point me in the right direction to help trouble shoot my connection problem. Possibly look into other processes that might be running that would affect this?  Maybe other config files?? Im out of clues here.....

Thanks,

DK

PS This box was just connect to the net via 2000 server, we dropped 2000 and load RH 7.2, maybe that helps???