[tulip] Osicom 123400-21 40port card

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Jul 30 17:43:01 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Jason Marshall wrote:

> Hi Donald, just wondering what you know about the Osicom 123400-21 card,
> which is a 4-port card with 4x 21140-AE,

That makes it an older board.

> and two Lattice PLSI2032 (???)

That's an FPGA part number.  I don't know what a FPGA would be doing on
a four port NIC... do you see other transceiver chips?

> chips, and a 21152-AA (bridge?)...

Yup, a PCI bridge.

  I'm trying to get all fours ports to
> share a single IRQ,

The driver doesn't assign IRQs, the BIOS (or OS) does.

> but the .93 driver from your site

Where/when did you pick up the 0.93 driver?  The standard one is 0.95.
No matter...

> isn't doing it -- no complaints, they just all end up on seperate
>IRQ's,

Errrmmm, no.  The driver actually goes to a great deal of effort to
reverse the common BIOS bug that incorrectly claims that the devices
behind a bridge are on separate IRQs.  The driver finds the first port
and copies the IRQ to the other ports.