[tulip] Removing the tulip driver

Narayanan Vydianathan Narayanan Vydianathan <Narayanan.Vydianathan@Sun.COM>
Wed Jan 16 15:53:01 2002

Hi,

    I had tulip driver installed in my pentium system
    with Red Hat Linux 7.2

    Everything was working fine, yesterday while booting
    the system hung while bringing up eth0. After I rebooted
    the system it is not recognizing the NIC card.

    ifconfig displays only local loop back.

    I use DHCP to through a cable modem to connect to internet.

    Also I tried to check the card therogh "gnome" hardware check.
    It says the card is not initilaized .

    I would like to completely remove the driver and reinstall it.

    Could someone tell me the procedure?

    The NIC card is completely functional as I am able to use it
    from "Windows XP" in the same system. I have a dual boot system.

    Thanks
    --Narayanan
Narayanan Vydianathan
(W) (510)-574-9189