[tulip] Re: Linksys PCM200 v2 now works with updated driver and diag.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Aug 2 16:53:00 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Brett Dikeman wrote:
> At 4:02 PM -0400 8/2/02, Donald Becker wrote:
>
> >This definitely isn't the first version Linksys put out.  I'm guessing
> >that some new guy didn't know to update the CIS entry.
>
> They forgot to remove "linux compatible!" from their product
> description, too.
> I think you should send them a bill :-)

The frustating thing is that companies pay others for Linux drivers,
and the code delivered by the third party "developer" is often just a
slightly modified version of my driver.

> Oh- btw, this card still generates some errors, but in a fun, new,
> Also...errors, overruns, and frame count now match:
>            RX packets:413923 errors:43 dropped:0 overruns:43 frame:43
>            TX packets:427223 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

Hmmm, could these be real CRC errors in the received frames?