[tulip] tulip with conexant chip also breaks under load with a presario 1211 (continued)

Bernard Cafarelli bcafarel@messel.emse.fr
Thu Apr 18 11:39:01 2002

--=.h7Yq0sukZXil3C

There were a few developments since my last mail:

* When the chipset goes to "Waiting for Tx to finish" mode, I can't connect to html,ftp,pop3, but sometimes licq messages pass through! (with the rp3 applet saying nothing was received in the last minutes...)

* I think that with the new driver, it works better for a few hours, but when the chipset is tired, it will only work for a few seconds between each 'network restart'. Even a small ssh session will shut it out...

* Sometimes, the chip will break down while there's almost nothing to download. So I'm beginnig to wonder if there's a problem with system priorities: it seems it has more "chances" of breaking down while under heavy system load (mp3+seti+compile+screensaver). This could be possible, since that chip isn't worth much and must have software parts...

* Another thought is that when in my room, my laptop will stay on for days (one of the advantages of linux). Could it be a cause, since those who have no problems with this chip may not use it for days?

Sorry that I can't provide more technical thoughts, but I still have much to learn in coding.

--
							Bernard Cafarelli
							aka Voyageur

--=.h7Yq0sukZXil3C