[tulip] Problem w. Conexant NIC in Compaq 1700XL w. Kernel 2.4.18

. . libogen@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 17:16:01 2002

The Conexant NIC works fine with Mandrake 8.1 and it's default Kernel
(2.4.8). Great work, Donald Becker!

I used tulip-0.92wax, which had the APM support disabled (Compaq 1700XL361
uses ACPI), from Gregor Rojec-Goldmann's
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~gregorrg/compaq/presario17xl470.html site.

I've now freshly installed Mandrake 8.2 (Kernel 2.4.18) on the same notebook
and when insmoding, get lot's of "unresolved" errors. Errors occur when
using Gregor's tulip-0.92wax, the original tulip-0.92wax and even the latest
tulip.c files etc. from scyld.com.

I sent an email to Gregor (a SUSE user) and he had also tried unsuccessfully
to get the Conexant NIC working with Kernel 2.4.18 and had dropped back to a
2.4.12 Kernel.

Perhaps other people on this list have had similar problems. Does anyone
have a solution?

It's starting to look like I'll have to find out how to change a
distributions' default kernel, gulp!

Cheers,
Scrumpy :)