[tulip] Sorry about the new spam.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:11:28 -0400 (EDT)

There has been a major increase in the amount of spam and unrelated mail
aimed at the scyld.com lists.  We have kept most of it out, but some
will occasionally slip through.

Please keep in mind that some bogus mail will always get through on an
unmoderated list.

>Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:33:05 -0400
>From: "[ISO-8859-1] Gonzalo J. Camponovo H." <gonzavo@mail.cotas.com.bo>
>To: tulip@scyld.com
>Subject: [tulip] bavaro  ing camponovo FINAL
>
>------------------  Virus Warning Message (on webmail.cotas.com.bo)
>
>Found virus TROJ_SIRCAM.A in file bavaro  ing camponovo FINAL.doc.lnk
>The file is deleted.

Darn... if only the source host hadn't filtered out the Sircam virus, we
would have held the post for excessive length.  The length restriction
catches most Windows-oriented malicious mail.