[tulip] delaying eth1... newbie help

iS meebert@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

RE: Linksys Fast Ethernet v.4 (Lite-on chip) on RH6.1
(2.2.12-20)

After downloading, compiling and installing the latest
tulip, I get "delaying eth1 init... [FAILED]"

I'm using a manual ip setup for now although
eventually I'd like to use this card as a 10baseT half
duplex cable modem (dhcp) card.

I'm fairly new to linux and I'm not sure how to find a
detailed error message that will tell me why the eth1
device won't start.

I also have a 3COM/59x/eth0 installed which works
fine.

I've done everything I can think of, and read the
whole ethernet HOWTO as well as the scydl tulip pages.

Please help!

Is

=====
**The world is no nursery. - Sigmund Freud