[tulip] kernel 2.4.x

Kevin Wunderlich kwunderlich@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:37:18 -0700 (PDT)

I am currently using Red Hat 6.2 (kernel 2.2.14-5.0)
and my Linksys LNE100TX(ver 4) card works great with
the tulip driver that was provided by the driver disk
that came with the nic.  Recently I removed the Red
Hat 6.2 installation and upgraded to Red Hat 7.1
(kernel 2.4.? - i dont remember exact version).  I
downloaded the latest version of the tulip driver from
scyld.com and rebuilt the module as I had for Red Hat
6.2, but the latest version of the tulip driver was
incompatible.  So, I guess this question is directed
at Donald, but are you currently working on making the
tulip driver compatible with the 2.4.x kernel?  I have
looked at previous postings on several sites regarding
this question, but have not found any information on
this.  I would like to upgrade to the new kernel
without buying additional nic's if possible.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin