[tulip] Compaq Presario Driver

Brian Rogers w006552@airmail.net
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:34:21 -0000

Black Death <blackdeath@time.net.my> said:

> Does anyone have a Ethernet card driver for a Compaq Presario 1700XL463
> notebook. I've tried the tulip driver but when I get the .o file, there
> is a problem with it. when i run insmod, it indicates that register and
> unregister is not recognized.
>
> Please help. I need to get the notebook running Linux soon.

Without knowing the exact error message or the version of the driver
you are trying to use, I'll guess you're getting "unresolved symbol
pci_drv_unregister", in which case you simply need to load the
pci-scan module before the tulip module.  When you install the
modules and reboot they should automatically load in the correct
order.

--
/* Brian Rogers, professional geek, coffee achiever */