[tulip] Options field in conf.modules

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:53:10 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 harish.vasudeva@amd.com wrote:

> >  I'm developing a Linux driver for our network controller & i need some
> > help
> > on the "options" parameter in the conf.modules file. how do i process
> > that?

> Here is an update.. I have the options defined as
>
> #define MAX_UNITS 8
> STATIC int options[MAX_UNITS] = {0, };
>
> MODULE_PARM(options, "1-" __MODULE_STRING(MAX_UNITS) "i");
>
> so, i presume after i load the driver, viz.
>
> > alias eth0 amd977l4
> > options amd977l4 options=2
>  insmod amd977l4

Yes, this should work correctly.

BTW, please make certain that you respect the license on the Linux
driver code, even the example driver code.  You might want to contact
the AMD attorneys.  AMD has been notified that they have lost the right
to use and distribute some of the Linux network driver code because of
AMD's long-term violation, after repeated notices, of the GPL.