[tulip] error messages after trying to compile

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:32:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 DB1029@aol.com wrote:

> Alright i've been having problems compiling my tulip.c driver for my lne100tx
> nic(off the second disk) running mandrake 7.0.

Are you trying to use the driver included with the card?  It's probably
easier to use the RPM

  rpm -i ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdriver-2.1.src.rpm
  cd /usr/src/redhat/
  rpm -bb SPECS/netdriver.spec
  rpm -i --force RPMS/i386/netdriver*.i386.rpm

> I've tried to follow the nhf
> and read the tulip mailing list archive about a dozen times. When i ran the
> command using the recommended dir it gave me the same errors and i searched
> for the missing files and most of them where in "i586-glibc20-linux" so i

No, that's the wrong include directory.
Those include files are not correct for kernel modules.
Your kernel include files should be at
/usr/src/linux/include
If they are not, verify that you installed the kernel package.