[tulip] via-rhine?

Oskar Liljeblad osk@hem.passagen.se
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:08:50 +0100

Apparently there is no mailing list for discussing the via-rhine driver
found at http://www.scyld.com/network/ethercard.html. So I write to this
list instead, in hope that someone will either redirect me to the right
place, or allow me to post here :)

---

Anyway, I have the same problem as described here:
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/net/0011.0/0032.html

I just bought a D-Link DFE-530TX.. Sometimes - probably after
soft-rebooting the computer from Windows to linux - the card is
identified with a 00:00:00:00:00:00 MAC address. I also sometimes get
"kernel: eth1: Transmit timed out, status 0000, PHY status 0000, resetting..."
errors.

In Donald Becker's reply to the email above, he mentioned that
if cold booting the system solves the problem "we will have to
add code to re-load the EEPROM info into the chip". Has this
been done in the latest drivers?

I'm using a 2.2.18 kernel with modules compiled with
ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/via-rhine.c (v1.08 6/24/2000).
The card sits in a SMP (440bx) PentiumII machine along with
a 3Com 3c900 card.

Oskar Liljeblad (osk@hem.passagen.se)