[tulip] Kingston KNE111TX Full Duplex LED

John Connett jrc@art-render.com
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 12:49:07 +0000

Donald Becker wrote:
> OK, better spot: just after start_link(dev) around line 848 in tulip.c
>
>         start_link(dev);
> +       outl(0xf0000000, ioaddr + CSR9);
>
> }
>
> This worked on the PNIC2 card here.
>
> I'm still playing with the CSR9 register to understand the semantics.
> It's not as simple as just setting the upper four bits -- something
> interaction is going on with the lower bits in the CSR9 register.

After some more experimenting, and using tulip-diag -fa to examine the
value of CSR9, it appears that the top 4 bits of CSR9 are set to zero
under some circumstances.  This seems to happen when
disconnecting/reconnecting to test autonegotiation.  Typically, a
message of the form:

    eth0: PNIC transmit timed out, [...], resetting ...

is output to the console.  Are there other locations where CSR9 should
be reloaded?
--
John Connett (jrc@art-render.com)